International Education Week, held from Nov. 16 to 20, celebrates the benefits of international education and exchanges worldwide. A joint initiative between the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Education, the week promotes programs that prepare Americans for a global world and attract future leaders from abroad to study, learn and exchange experiences in the United States.
Virtual Escape Room
Solve clues and learn about KU's international education opportunities as you search for Big Jay on campus.
International Trivia Happy Hour
4 to 5 p.m. | Zoom
In celebration of International Education Week, the International Student Association and International Support Services are hosting an internationally-themed trivia game. Sign-up as a team, or as an individual (and be added to a team).
International Student Leader Quest
ISS will virtually recognize students for their leadership roles as part of the fourth annual International Student Leader Quest. Leader Quest recognizes, promotes and encourages international student engagement in leadership roles on campus and within the Lawrence community. Student leaders will be announced during International Education Week.
Where Are They Now
As part of International Education Week, ISS will launch Where Are They Now?, a new program that highlights the activities and accomplishments of international students who have graduated from the University of Kansas.
Support International Students
Upcoming Engagement Opportunities
The Applied English Center is asking KU community members to help keep its students engaged in the English language learning process during winter break, as well as provide an opportunity to introduce new students to the KU community.
Ideas for ways to participate include:
- Create a cooking video or share recipes with photos of the featured dishes
- Share hobbies or collections with photos or videos, including possible demonstration or how-to instructions
- Read a short story and lead a discussion either by video or live on Zoom
- Feature a KU community member by sharing photos and a short written "about me" statement
- Host an Open House on Zoom, where students can stop by to visit and talk to different members of the KU community
- Feel free to suggest other ideas.
Those interested in participating should sign-up by Friday, Nov. 20.