KU campus is working remotely at this time and all in-person services, such as KU’s Passport Acceptance Center are closed. We will continue to evaluate this as the university assesses the possibility of returning from remote work. The passport center will be open again as soon as possible.
Apply for a passport or have visa photos taken at Strong Hall, Room 300. Students, faculty, staff and community members are all invited to use this service. The Passport Office cannot accept credit or debit card payments.
Appointments are required. Passport services are available the following days and times (except KU/federal holidays):
Monday - Friday: TEMPORARILY CLOSED
Go to travel.state.gov to learn the processing time for a new passport and to find printable applications. Hard copies are available at International Affairs.
What to Bring to your Appointment
- Previous valid U.S. passport
- Certified U.S. birth certificate
- Consular report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth
- Naturalization certificate
- Recently issued Certificate of Naturalization of Citizenship with easily recognizable photo
- Current, valid driver's license
- Government employee ID
- Military ID
- Evidence of the child's U.S. citizenship
- Evidence of the child's relationship to parents/guardians AND
- Parental/guardian identification
- Second parent's notarized written statement consenting to issuance for the child
- Primary evidence of sole authority to apply
- A written statement (made under penalty of perjury) explaining the second parent's unavailability.
- Adult Passport Book - $110 (check or money order made out to the U.S. Department of State)
- Minor (under 16) Passport Book - $80 (check or money order made out to the U.S. Department of State)
- Passport Card - $30 (valid only for sea or land entry to and from the Caribbean, Canada, Bermuda, and Mexico; check or money order made out to the U.S. Department of State)
- Expediting fee - $60 (for rushed application processing; check or money order made out to the U.S. Department of State)
- Processing fee - $35 (cash, check, or money order made payable to the University of Kansas)
- Two photos - $15 (cash, check, or money order made payable to the University of Kansas)