Students at partner schools or independent visiting students who wish to participate in the University of Kansas Jayhawk Semester should contact the Jayhawk Semester Coordinator, email@example.com, before applying. All students on the program must submit a complete application packet and meet established admissions requirements.
The completed application should be submitted by June 15 for fall (August) admission and November 1 for spring (January) admission. Once accepted, students will receive notification via email and a hard copy acceptance packet that includes the DS 2019 will be sent. Also, please review the Pre-Arrival information for new visiting students.
Steps for Applying
- Complete the International Undergraduate Application Form. The following information will assist in completing the application.
- Apply as a “Non-degree visiting student”
- For question, “How did you hear about KU?", select “Other”, and in the open ended box, enter the name of your home university or the name of your sponsor.
- For question, “Nonimmigrant status preferred while studying at KU” select “J-1 Exchange visitor (student).”
- Complete English assessment form and upload it to the application.
- Upload a copy of the biographical page of your passport if you have it, or email a copy when you receive your passport to the Jayhawk Semester coordinator.
- Upload all official university academic records or transcripts with courses to date before you submit the application.
- The $85 application fee must be paid online before the application is submitted.
- Email proof of financial support to Jayhawk Semester coordinator.
- Notify Jayhawk Semester Coordinator, Ms. Celeste Yaluk, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, when application is successfully submitted.