The Office of International Programs (OIP) offers the Jayhawk Semester for international students to enroll at KU for a semester or year-long academic program. The Jayhawk Semester is open to students from partner institutions and students who are enrolled in an accredited university or college.
On the Jayhawk Semester, students are treated as full-time students who enroll in a full course of study. There are no scholarships available for students on this program.
For students interested in participating in the program or for universities interested in becoming a partner, please contact the Jayhawk Semester Coordinator, Celeste Yaluk, at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the program. Students will then be directed to complete the International Visiting Student Application.
Programs and Services
- Assistance with the application process and pre-arrival information
- Assistance with course selection and approval from academic departments
- Guidance for students regarding policies and procedures
- Counseling on housing, health or family concerns, and other issues
- Mailing of final transcript to home university
Benefits of the program
- Access to more than 150 programs of study, including engineering, architecture, arts, sciences, social sciences, education, journalism
- Social opportunities and activities to meet outside the classroom
- Certificate of completion of the Jayhawk Semester for successful participant
Ms. Celeste Yaluk, Jayhawk Semester Coordinator
University of Kansas
1450 Jayhawk Blvd, 300 Strong
Lawrence, KS 66045-7594