Services & Fees
The University of Kansas is dedicated to offering the highest quality support services to sponsoring organizations and sponsored students so that both may achieve their educational objectives. The sponsored student coordinator assists with campus policies and procedures from the point of inquiry and application through graduation. The sponsored student coordinator facilitates and expedites communication between the sponsor, sponsored students, as well as KU offices and departments.
- Assistance with admissions processes and liaison with KU undergraduate and/or graduate admissions offices.
- Liaison with academic departments regarding admissions placement, program information, and change of majors.
- Specialized orientation services and programming.
- Assistance with sponsor financial arrangements such as helping students understand the Bursar's Office requirements and setting up third-party billing.
- Facilitation of communication between sponsor and sponsored students.
- Guidance to students regarding sponsor policies, procedures and paperwork such as health insurance waivers, financial guarantees and release forms.
- Student counseling on matters such as housing, general advising, health or family concerns and other personal issues.
- Provision of regular and special academic progress reports to the sponsoring organization as required.
- Coordination of sponsor site visits to KU, including local appointments with students, admission offices, as well as other university units and officials.
In order to cover the costs of maintaining a centralized function for sponsors and students, an administrative fee of $250 per student each term (fall, spring and summer) will be assessed for all sponsored students. The fee will be added to the student's Bursar's Office account and apply to all enrolled sponsored international students.