Apply for a passport or have visa photos taken at Strong Hall, Room 300. Students, faculty, staff and community members are all invited to use this service. The Passport Office cannot accept credit card payments.
Appointments are required. Passport services are available the following days and times (except KU/federal holidays):
Monday: 8:30-12:00 (last appointment at 11:30)
Tuesday: 8:30-12:00 (last appointment at 11:30)
Wednesday: 12:00-3:00 (last appointment at 2:30)
Thursday: 8:30-12:00 (last appointment at 11:30)
Submit this form and you will receive a phone call to schedule an appointment.
Other options to make an appointment: call International Affairs at 785-864-6161 or stop by Strong Hall, Room 300.
What to Bring to your Appointment
- Previous valid U.S. passport
- Certified U.S. birth certificate
- Consular report of Birth Abroad or Certification of Birth
- Naturalization certificate
- Recently issued Certificate of Naturalization of Citizenship with easily recognizable photo
- Current, valid driver's license
- Government employee ID
- Military ID
- Evidence of the child's U.S. citizenship
- Evidence of the child's relationship to parents/guardians AND
- Parental/guardian identification
- Second parent's notarized written statement consenting to issuance for the child
- Primary evidence of sole authority to apply
- A written statement (made under penalty of perjury) explaining the second parent's unavailability.
- Adult Passport Book - $110 (check or money order made out to the U.S. Department of State)
- Minor (under 16) Passport Book - $80 (check or money order made out to the U.S. Department of State)
- Passport Card - $30 (valid only for sea or land entry to and from the Caribbean, Canada, Bermuda, and Mexico; check or money order made out to the U.S. Department of State)
- Expediting fee - $60 (for rushed application processing; check or money order made out to the U.S. Department of State)
- Processing fee - $35 (cash, check, or money order made payable to the University of Kansas)
- Two photos - $15 (cash, check, or money order made payable to the University of Kansas)