As a sponsored student you will be responsible for monitoring your accounts and completing certain steps in order to maintain in good standing, enroll in classes and avoid fines.
These responsibilities include:
- Monitor your Enroll & Pay student account on a regular basis, including the Billing notices. Any charges unpaid by the sponsor are the student's responsibility.
- Provide the Student Account Services with an updated financial guarantee or terms of award from your sponsor before the current one expires. If you do not present a valid financial guarantee, you will not be considered a sponsored student, and your account will be charged the total amount of tuition and fees.
- Submit a KU Sponsorship Release Form to allow the university to communicate with your sponsor. This form must be signed in front of a KU staff person or be notarized.
- Read the letter to sponsored students from the Student Account Services office.
- Enroll before the late enrollment fee period begins. Sponsors will not pay late fees you incur for enrolling late!
- Submit the Health Insurance Waiver and health insurance card in iHawk each semester if your sponsor provides health insurance. If insurance is not provided by your sponsor, then you must pay for KU's health insurance while you are a student at KU.
- Submit the Transcript request form each semester in iHawk if you want a transcript to send to your sponsor.
- Always read emails received from the following departments and KU staff:
Sponsored Program Coordinator
Student Account Services
International Student Services