Phi Beta Delta Activities
- Phi Beta Delta seeks to promote the visibility of and participation in international programs, events and activities on campus. New member applications are accepted at the start of the fall semester, and the induction ceremony for new members also takes place in the late Fall.
- Every year, generally in October, the KU chapter of Phi Beta Delta co-sponsors a reception to welcome visiting international faculty and scholars to Campus.
- In the spring the Alpha Pi chapter sponsors the "Picture the World" photo contest to increase international awareness on campus.
- Officer elections are held each spring at the annual meeting and potluck supper, when we also present awards to four outstanding chapter members.
- Our local chapter has also been responsible for the installation of a Peace Pole on the University of Kansas campus, and continually organizes or co-sponsors panels and speakers that relate to international topics throughout the year. See photos from the dedication ceremony.
- Chapter Awards: Each year Chapter members choose four of their own to be recognized for their outstanding achievements in international education. The first call for nominations usually goes out in March.
- Society Awards: Each year at the annual Phi Beta Delta conference, the society honors four members chosen from nominations sent in by each chapter. The Alpha Pi Chapter at the University of Kansas is proud to have had several of its members chosen for these awards. In addition, the Alpha Pi Chapter has been recognized twice as the Outstanding Chapter of the Midwest Region and once as the Overall Outstanding Chapter.